Monday, February 22, 2010

Merry-Go Round

Here's a review idea that my kids love to do. I type up review questions, one per page and label them A, B, C, etc. and tape them up around the room. I assign each student a letter to start at - they answer the question with their group (each kid brings a piece of notebook paper and something to write on with them). When it looks like most groups are ready, I have them rotate to the next letter. They keep rotating until they get all the way around the room. When they're done, we go over the answers together as a class.

The student really enjoy it - it gives them a chance to work together and they like being able to get up and walk around the room as they work. It's also nice for me because I know which letters are harder than others so I can anticipate which groups are going to have questions.

This also works great for solving equations that have several steps. I have the groups do one step at a time. When they rotate, they have to check the previous steps and make sure it's correct so far, then complete the next step in the problem. They keep rotating until all the problems are solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment